Once the weekend comes, it’s hard to think about staying healthy and cooking, but if you are ready to indulge a little, then why not try making these very easy fish burgers?
This won’t require much work, and you can use what you have in the kitchen.
Try These Fish Burgers at Home For a Weekend Treat
Do you have salmon or fish handy? Time to use it!
If you have canned salmon or tuna, then it is time to use it for a tasty burger.
If you don’t have any, but you do have fish sticks or nuggets, then time to use those as well. All you have to do is make sure the liquid is drained, or the sticks are thawed.
Now, for the breading, you don’t have to look too far
If you have saltine crackers, cornmeal, or breadcrumbs, it’s time to use them for breading your fish.
You won’t need to go out to buy anything. If you have leftover bread that has gone stale, use it!
Lastly, just combine it with the eggs, fish, and seasoning, and then you can shape it into patties.
Whatever you decide to use for breading, make sure the crumbs are small, and that it’s well mixed with the eggs, as this is key in making patties that are solid but not too thick.
How about the seasoning?
While this recipe calls for Tabasco sauce, not everyone likes it or has it. We recommend you use salt, pepper, lime or lemon juice, red pepper flakes, or any other herb you like.
When it’s time to fry, use regular vegetable oil unless you have some saved up. Make sure it smells okay and that it doesn’t look too dark, otherwise it may be time to get rid of it.
If you’re trying to be healthy, bake the patties instead! This will become your favorite quick treat and one that can be made in minutes, without too much effort. Check out these other great recipe ideas.
Fish BurgersCourse: Lunch
1 can 16 oz (400 g) salmon or other fish
1/2 cup (64 g) saltine cracker crumbs or cornmeal
1/4 cup (32 g) cornmeal
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
dash of Tabasco sauce
vegetable oil for frying
- To start, drain the canned fish, and set aside. Do not discard the liquid.
- Remove all the skin and bones of the fish and flake it.
- Mix in the cracker crumbs with the reserved fish liquid. Let it sit for 5 min or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add in the flaked fish, cornmeal, eggs, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Mix it very well, and shape the mixture into patties.
- Over a medium heat, pour some oil into a heavy skillet to 1/4 inch in depth. When the oil is hot, fry the patties for 2 to 3 mins on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy.