Whoever said that baking is hard, never tried these easy corn muffins. They take a few minutes to make and you can use almost anything you already have in your kitchen.
Easy Corn Muffins Are The Best Treat To Have This Week
So, what do I need to bake these muffins?
First, you need a baking mix, which in this case can be Bisquick, pancake mix, or flour. You can also use any pre-packaged mix that you already have, even if it is meant to be for cakes, muffins, or any other pastry.
Now, as you may already know, the cornmeal is a key part of making corn muffins. However, it can be replaced if you definitely can’t find any.
Some good choices include semolina, ground oats, wheat flour, tapioca, or almond flour. Just remember that the flavor and texture will change. But that isn’t a bad thing, it’s simply a new flavor to try.
As for the granulated sugar, you can use other kinds of sweeteners. These include brown sugar, molasses, honey, or even maple syrup. These are all great for baking, but they each have a distinct flavor. This can alter the way that your final product looks or tastes.
Finally, the milk and eggs are essential for baking, but can also be switched when you don’t have any options. Some great substitutes for eggs include flaxseed, tofu, or yogurt.
As for the milk, we recommend you try any other dairy, like powdered or evaporated milk, half and half, cream, or sour cream. If not, a dairy substitute can also work well, such as almond or coconut milk.
All that’s left to do is mix, pour the dough, and bake! This should all take about 30 minutes, which is not long at all for these delicious corn muffins that you can enjoy any time. Eat them as a side dish for dinner, as a snack, or with breakfast every day.
Easy Corn MuffinsCourse: Snacks
1/3 cup (approx 40 g) baking mix
1 cup (128 g) yellow cornmeal
6 tbsp granulated sugar
2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- To start, preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C). Prepare and grease a pan, or you can use 8 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Get a regular bowl and combine baking mix, cornmeal, and sugar. Whisk together and add in milk and eggs. Mix well until the lumps are gone.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared pan or fill all the muffin cups half-full.
- Put the muffins into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 min or until the muffin tops are slightly browned.
- If you are going to use a 9 x 13-inch (approx. 25 x 35 cm) pan, bake for 20 to 25 min. And insert a toothpick into the cornbread to check when it’s ready, normally when it comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.