You have probably never heard the term easy apple enchiladas before. This crazy-sounding twist on a dessert is one of the most decadent treats you can try this week. It’s also not hard to make, and you probably already have the ingredients you need at home.
Make Your Family Happy With These Easy Apple Enchiladas
Give your soul a bit of sweetness with these apple enchiladas!
To start with, you will need an apple pie filling. However, you can make it yourself by cooking apples until soft and sweet, or you can use canned apple pie filling, or even applesauce! The trick is to make the mix taste yummy.
For enchiladas, flour tortillas work best, but you can use other kinds, like corn, or gluten-free. If you feel like experimenting, get that leftover Bisquick and make thin crepes instead. Or simply use a regular dough to make homemade tortillas.
We recommend you use granulated sugar so it dissolves well, but there are other options to consider, such as honey, brown sugar, or powdered sugar.
Also, the butter in this dish makes the enchiladas tastier and keeps things bound together, but you can switch it up for margarine if that’s easier. If you are trying to stay healthy, use applesauce, vegetable oil, or even plain Greek yogurt. Keep in mind that the texture will vary if you choose one of these.
Finally, sprinkle the cinnamon on top for a touch of spice and aroma. If you don’t like cinnamon, try using more powdered sugar, a touch of cardamom, allspice, or even cocoa powder. Or you can skip this step altogether and simply drizzle your enchiladas with a bit of maple syrup.
This crazy dessert is great served for breakfast or after dinner with a cup of vanilla ice cream. Once you make this, you will want to do it often and surprise your guests every time! Here are some other fantastic recipes for you to try.
Easy Apple Enchiladas
1/2 cup (64 g) butter
1 1/2 cups (360 ml) water
1 cup (128 g) granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1 21 oz can (525 g) apple pie filling
10 (7-8 in) flour tortillas
cinnamon for sprinkling
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Prepare a 9 x 3-inch (23 x 8 cm) baking dish and coat the inside with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the water and 1 cup (128 g) of sugar. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 2 generous tbsp of apple pie filling in the middle of each tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla, enchilada style. Arrange the tortillas in rows on the prepared baking dish seam side down.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, and drizzle the sugar syrup on top.
- Cover the dish with foil, and bake for 35 min.
- Serve warm.