This coconut cracker pudding is a perfect dessert for any day of the week. You only need a few ingredients, most of which, you probably already have at home.
This Coconut Cracker Pudding Is A Tasty Sweet Snack You Must Try
What makes this pudding different?
The truth is that this pudding adds crunch, saltiness, and sweetness all in a perfect balance. Making this will take you only a few minutes, but the result is a delicious treat that you’ll want to eat any time of the day.
To start with, this recipe uses milk, but you can use whole, 2%, or low-fat milk. You can use other dairy products though, such as cream, powdered milk, or condensed milk. If you need to keep things non-dairy, use coconut milk, almond milk, or cashew milk.
Eggs are essential in binding things together, but if you have to use anything else, try using applesauce, plain yogurt, or ground flaxseed. Keep in mind that the texture will change depending on what you choose.
In terms of the sweetness in this recipe, granulated sugar will do the trick, but you can use other sweeteners. Molasses, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, and even powdered sugar all can work too.
The crackers are what makes this dish different and add crunch. You can use other types of crackers, however, such as rice cakes, breadcrumbs, or Ritz crackers.
Finally, as the name suggests, this dish is all about that coconut flavor. Using grated sweetened coconut flakes is a good choice, but other products that add a similar taste can work as well.
Try freshly grated coconut, macadamia nuts, or Brazil nuts. These all have some fat in them, but also add crunchiness.
Once you have the pudding ready and the cracker and coconut mix, you can bake the pudding for 15 minutes or until it turns golden.
This coconut cracker pudding is the dessert you need to have today, and it will last for the rest of the week!
Coconut Cracker Pudding
4 cups (960 ml) milk
2 eggs, separated
1 cup (128 g) granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup (192 g) crumbled saltine crackers
1 cup (128 g) grated sweetened coconut flakes
2 tsp vanilla extract
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Heat milk in a 4- quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Combine and beat together egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl.
- Slowly and gradually pour the mixture into the saucepan while continuously stirring.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 min, then turn down the heat to low.
- Stir crackers and coconut into the mixture. Cook for about 5 min, or until thickened while continuously stirring.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add vanilla. Mix well, and transfer to a 1- quart (1 L) casserole dish.
- Beat the egg whites until soft consistency using a hand mixer. Spread evenly on top of the pudding.
- Put the pudding into the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 min until golden in color.
- Serve warm, enjoy.