Making a chicken pie sounds like a lot of trouble, but it isn’t if you don’t have to go far to get the ingredients.
Now, most people worry about the crust, but in this case, we’ll teach you all the tips and tricks for making a tasty pie without the hassle.
Nothing Better Than a Homemade Meal with This Chicken Pie
Start by making the pie crust
First, let’s be clear, you can use a premade crust if you have it. This saves you time and effort.
If, however, you don’t have a premade crust, there are some easy steps to make one. Here’s what you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
Finally, all you need to do is mix the ingredients, roll out the dough, and cover. You then need to refrigerate it so it gets the correct shape.
Now that we’ve covered the crust, let’s discuss the filling
If you are a saver, this is the time to use those canned goods you have been saving.
The canned chicken can be used now, but you can use previously cooked chicken, turkey, or pork. Simply shred it and drain the water.
Secondly, it’s time for the vegetables. Here we recommend you let all your canned goods shine. Whether it is mixed vegetables, mushrooms, corn, or green beans.
If you don’t have as many canned vegetables, then the frozen ones will do. Simply, make sure they are thawed and drained properly.
To finish, the cream of mushroom soup puts everything together. Although, if you don’t have any, don’t panic!
This is the time to get all your other creamy soups ready. Whether it is chicken and dumplings, or cream of pea, or even creamy corn chowder.
Any creamy mix will do, and if that isn’t an option, consider using sour cream, or whipping cream instead. You are now ready to get baking this easy chicken pie for a homey feeling tonight!
Delicious Chicken PieCourse: Pies
1 basic Crust Pie
1 can 12.5 oz (312.5 g) chunk white chicken, drained
1 can 15 oz (375 g) mixed vegetables, drained
1 can 10 oz (250 g) condensed cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper
- To start, preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Divide the prepared pie dough in half.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll half of the dough to a 12-inch (30 cm) round on a floured surface. Then carefully place it on a 9-inch (approx. 25 cm) pie pan and let the edges hang over.
- Combine the chicken, vegetables, and mushroom soup in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper. Mix well, then pour it into the prepared pie shell.
- Roll the other half of the dough into an 11-inch (approx. 28 cm) round. Carefully place the round dough on top of the pie. Trim the edges to 1/2 in (1.5 cm).
- Fold under, and press it together to seal the pie and pleat. To create steam vents, slit the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 min, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, enjoy.